Additional rules and regulations can be found under the Membership tab.
Use of facilities is restricted to active Members and renters and their guests for whom guest access fees have been paid.
Use of skateboards is strictly prohibited anywhere on PHRA facilities. Except bicycles, all wheeled vehicles (e.g., mopeds, motorcycles, scooters) must be walked on paths.
All persons will take a shower, using soap, before entering the pool and before reentering the pool after participating in active sports.
At the sound of thunder, the pool area, including the pools, pavilion area and surrounding concrete decks, will be cleared for 30 minutes.
Anyone unable to demonstrate an adequate swimming ability to the lifeguards will not be permitted in water too deep to stand.
An adult must accompany each child who cannot swim and who is using a flotation device. Children in the main pool using arm floaties, rings or other flotation devices must be within easy reaching distance of the accompanying adult.
No child using flotation devices may use the diving board or slide.
Children who are not toilet trained may enter the big pool only if they are wearing swim diapers AND rubber/plastic pants with elastic at the leg openings.
Playing or sitting on the access steps into the main pool is not permitted. These steps must be kept clear at all times. rest periods will be announced every hour before 8 p.m.
All children under 14 will immediately clear the pool and pool decks for 15 minutes. However, non-swimmer children, aged two years or younger, may remain with an adult.
Children who have been in the main pool may not/not move to the baby pool during the break.
Admission to the pool will be refused to all persons having any skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, colds, nasal or ear dis- charge, excessive sunburn, communicable or contagious diseases, or to those persons wearing bandages. Exceptions may be made upon presentation of a physician’s certificate.
The pool Manager and lifeguards will maintain order within the pool and pool area, and, when necessary, the Pool Manager may use a “three strikes and you’re out” policy: suspending a child’s use of the pool for that day after two successive warnings. The Board, following recommendation of the pool Manager, will determine periods of restriction more than 72 hours.
Only authorized persons will be permitted in the pump and filtration rooms, guardroom, or office behind the registration counter; no loitering around the registration area is permitted.
Lap lane will be established and maintained as described under the swimming tab. Lane one will be maintained as a priority lane for adults, over the age of 16, lap swimming.
Lap lanes are restricted to lap swimmers. Swimmers may use the lap lane for no more than 45 minutes within any two-hour period. Swim instructors may not use the lap lane.
Ten or more participants constitute a party. There must be at least one adult supervisor for every five children under the age of eight during a party. Non-member guests to a party must have guest passes.
Parties with 10 or more participants must be approved and scheduled with the Pool Manager. In order to avoid over-crowding the pool during peak usage times, all parties with 15 or more participants will be scheduled on a weekday.
The Pool Manager will not schedule two events with 15 or more participants for the same day.
ACTIVITIES PROHIBITED IN THE POOL AREA:
- Running, pushing, horseplay, dunking, wrestling, and unnecessary splashing, and use of water pistol toys.
- Spitting, or blowing the nose, etc., in the pool.
- Standing or sitting on another’s shoulders or back in the pool.
- Throwing objects into or from the pool. Hand size nerf-type balls will be permitted in the pool at the discretion of the life- guard on duty during periods of low density.
- Consuming food, or chewing gum is permitted only on the elevated deck, gazebo and picnic areas. The board reserves the right to restrict eating on the elevated deck if it is deemed to be in the best interest of preserving the deck.
- Glass containers or other sharp, breakable, or otherwise hazardous objects are NEVER permitted on the pool deck or in the pool.
- Using inner tubes with metal filler caps. The pool Manager will determine when pool occupancy permits the use of acceptable floats, swim fins, etc. Kick boards are permitted for lap swimming only.
- Playing of private radios or other sound equipment, except through ear phones/plugs.
- Pets are not permitted within the pool enclosure.
- Changing diapers on the picnic tables.
The “practice” area may be reserved by the PHRA pro for tennis lessons. When not utilized for lessons, area use is limited to 1⁄2 hour when others are waiting. The practice area may not be used during PHRA team matches or tournament play.
Food, glass containers and smoking are not permitted on the courts.
Tennis courts are for playing tennis and other racket or paddle sports only. Other uses, including soccer, hockey and similar activities, are not allowed. Bicycles, roller skates, skateboards, roller blades, scooters, strollers, and other wheeled devices are NOT permitted on the courts. Dogs are not allowed on the tennis courts.
Objects shall not be dragged or slid across the courts.