Guests at Poplar Height
Members and Renters of Poplar Height are permitted to bring guests to the Pool or Tennis Courts, so long as they are accompanied by the member at all times. Daily guest fees are $5 per person per day ($10/day on some special holidays). Guest passes are available for purchase through your online account or at the Guard’s Desk. We no longer offer physical guest passes.
Hosting more than 15 guests on one day is considered a private party and must have prior approval from the pool. Information on private parties can be found on our Private Parties page.
Code of Conduct
All coaches, parents, spectators, contractor staff, and volunteers are expected to comply with the following guidelines:
- Abide by the established rules of PHRA, and for participants in PHRA teams, the rules established by team coaches and leaders.
- Respect event officials, athletes, other spectators, support personnel, and pool staff (including lifeguards) and address them in a courteous manner.
- Use appropriate language, and avoid profanity, humiliating or intimidating remarks or behavior, verbal or physical assault toward anyone.
- Follow applicable management, pool, and facility rules, respecting others’ property at all times.
- Display respect, courtesy, and good manners toward athletes, coaches, Team Representatives, and spectators. Team Representatives shall assist officials in maintaining control of spectators during meets.
- Demonstrate humility in victory and courtesy in defeat.
- Being alone with a single child to whom they are not related where they cannot be observed by others, including outside of PHRA-sponsored activities.
- Smoking or use of tobacco, or use of alcohol or drugs while in an official capacity for PHRA is prohibited.
- Inappropriate or unwanted contact with children, touching of private areas or exposing children to inappropriate material.
- Ensure athletes and assistant coaches demonstrate maturity and good sportsmanship toward other athletes, officials, coaches, and spectators at all times.
- Lead by example to instill a love for the sport, advanced aquatic skills, teamwork and good sportsmanship in their team.
- Treat each athlete fairly and show no favoritism.
- Maintain an appropriate distance from the competition area by remaining in established viewing areas and shall not encroach the pool deck or interfere with any officials. Consequences for violations of this policy will be evaluated by the Board of Directors on a case by case basis and may result in sanctions.